Search our blogs!

Maymester 2008: Feed the students...

Monday, March 19, 2007

Ian's Myspace Response (to Amanda G)

"Idol"-ology: Gender and Reality Television: "Ian's Myspace Response

How cool is this? He is still sweet after being ridiculed on American Idol. Take that, perpetuators of the 'b*tchy-gay-man' stereotype! I hope he actually comments
-Amanda
clipped from messaging.myspace.com

IAN BENARDO


http://www.myspace.com/klonopian


thanks love! i will totally check it out

kiss

ian


From: Amanda

Date: Mar 1, 2007 9:01 PM




Hey Ian,


I am an avid viewer of American Idol, and I am also analyzing the show this season for a course on Gender and Pop Culture that I'm taking. I'm I'm looking at AI for gender issues and queer representation. I hate how sexual minorities, if they are even showed (which is rarely the case), are always portrayed as something to make fun of.


I feel like the producers of American Idol used you to perpetuate gay stereotypes, and I admire you for having the guts to actually go audition (something I'm still trying to work up the nerve to do).


If you're at all interested, my blog is http://agpopculture.blogspot.com and it would be really cool if you responded to my post about you.

YOU ARE FABULOUS, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.


-"

No comments: